Cortland County Board of Elections
The General Election is
November 2, 2021
All poll sites will be open 6am to 9pm
Governor Cuomo has signed a law (S.8015-D/A.10833) relating to Absentee Ballot Requests due to risk of illness for the General Election in November. This legislation gives voters the right to request an absentee ballot due to risk of illness to themselves or others. Registered voters can use the TEMPORARY ILLNESS reason, in box one, on the absentee ballot application.
Click Here for the Absentee Ballot Application
Click Here for Accessible Absentee Ballot Application
Click Here for Electronic Portal for Absentee Ballot Application
ABSENTEE BALLOT DROP-OFF PROCEDURE for GENERAL PUBLIC
DROP-OFF at BOARD OF ELECTIONS 112 RIVER ST - CORTLAND, NY
Cortland County voters may drop off absentee ballots at the Board of Elections office Monday through Friday during the normal business hours of 8 AM to 4 PM. Absentee ballots will be received at the Board of Election offices on Election Day, November 3, 2020 from 8 AM until 9 PM.
Cortland County absentee ballots may be dropped off to any Cortland County Early Voting or Election Day polling sites during their normal hours of operation. Absentee voters are not required to stand in line to deliver their ballot. A Poll Inspector assigned as a door monitor will receive your absentee ballot.
Voting Information for Individuals with Disabilities
For individuals who need the assistance of the ballot marking device and Board of Elections staff in order to complete their absentee ballot for the upcoming election, please contact the Board of Elections office at 607-753-5032. We have voting machines available at our office, located at 112 River Street, Cortland NY 13045, during office hours, for individual use. Monday - Friday 8 AM - 4 PM
Interested in Being a Poll Inspector?
Contact our office for more information.
Hearing Impaired Citizens
Hearing Impaired people with TTD may call 1 800-533-8683 or visit our website.
Attention Federal Employees
If you are asked to run for Public Office, please call 1-800-854-2824 before you make any commitments. Reference the Hatch Act.
Military and Overseas Voters
- 2012 Version Running for Elective Office (PDF)
- Absentee Ballot Application (PDF)
- Designating Petition (PDF)
- Election Districts (PDF)
- Handbook For Village Registration and Election Day (PDF)
- Independent Nominating Petition (PDF)
- Instructions on How to File an Independent Petition for General Election (PDF)
- Legislative and Election Districts Maps (PDF)
- NYS Judicial Candidate Voter Guide (PDF)
- Opportunity to Ballot Petition (PDF)
- Overvote Doublevote (PDF)
- Poll Inspector Manual (PDF)
- Polling Place Finder (PDF)
- Polling Places (PDF)
- Registration and Absentee Ballot Request (PDF)
- Statement of Special Voter (PDF)
- Village Absentee Ballot Application (PDF)
- Village Independent Nominating Petition (PDF)
- Voter Registration Form - Fill in (PDF)
- Voter Registration Form- Blank (PDF)
- Campaign Finance Seminar Schedule
- REQUEST FOR INFORMATION-FOIL