Businesses & Employees Affected by COVID-19
- Cortland County Business Development Corporation: Business Assistance Loans
- Executive Orders & Press Releases
- Small Business Administration: Resources for Businesses
- Business Development Corporation Website
- Interview with Executive Director, Garry VanGorder
- Loan Application
- Program Information
- Program Release @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Press Releases and Executive Orders
- Executive Order 202.pdf
- Executive Order 202.1.pdf
- Executive Order 202.2.pdf
- Executive Order 202.3.pdf
- Executive Order 202.4.pdf
- Executive Order 202.5.pdf
- Executive Order 202.6.pdf
- Executive Order 202.7.pdf
- Executive Order 202.8.pdf
- Executive Order 202.9.pdf
- Executive Order 202.10
- Executive Order 202.11
- Executive Order 202.12
- Executive Order 202.13
- Executive Order 202.14
- Executive Order 202.15
- Executive Order 202.16
- Executive Order 202.17
- Executive Order 202.18
- Executive Order 202.19
- Executive Order 202.20
- Executive Order 202.21
- Executive Order 202.22
- Executive Order 202.23
- Executive Order 202.24
- Executive Order 202.25
- Executive Order 202.26
- Executive Order 202.27
- Executive Order 202.28
- Executive Order 202.29
- Executive Order 202.30
- Executive Order 202.31
- Executive Order 202.32
- Pyrotek Press Release
NYS is waiving the 7-Day waiting period for Unemployment Insurance benefits for people who are out of work due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) closures or quarantines.
Important Information for Unemployment Insurance Claimants:
The CARES Act was enacted on Friday, March 27, 2020. Please see the CARES Act web page for information about how the Act may affect UI benefits.
Please do not call if you already have a UI claim; it will only make it difficult for others to reach an agent.
Information regarding the CARES Act and other COVID-19 updates will be posted in the Frequently Asked Questions about Unemployment Insurance During the Coronavirus Emergency.
If you are filing a new Unemployment Insurance claim, the day you should apply is based on the first letter of your last name.
A - F file on Monday | G - N file on Tuesday | O - Z file on Wednesday
Missed your day? File on Thurs-Fri-Sat
Any claim you file will be backdated to the date you became unemployed. If you are eligible, you will be paid for all benefits due.
We are extending telephone filing hours as follows:
Monday through Thursday, 8 am to 7:30 pm.
Friday, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Saturday, 7:30 am to 8:00 pm.
- Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Employee Steps to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
- Discrimination Relating the the Coronavirus Under the New York State Human Rights Law
- Protocols for Essential Personnel to Return to Work Following COVID-19 Exposure or Infection @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Cayuga County Business Contact - James Bepko - (315) 479-3263
- Cortland County Business Contact - Dominick DiFulvio (315) 479-3290
- Shared Work, WARN Act, General Questions - Roy Jewell (315) 479-3362
- WARN Information - Karl Pryce (315) 479-3422 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>