The County Attorney is required by County Law §501 and the Rules of Order of the Cortland County Legislature to act as the legal advisor to the County Legislature and every officer whose compensation is paid from county funds in all matters involving an official act of a civil nature.
- Advisement on proposed legislation
- Capital Project Assistance
- Counsel to the Cortland County Legislature
- County Contract Review
- Debt Collection Counsel & Assistance for County Departments
- Juvenile Delinquency Prosecutions
- Management & Oversight of the County's Safety & Code Enforcement Office
- Participation on a host of boards, commissions and committees
- Probation (PINS) Proceedings
- Prosecution & Defense in all civil actions/proceedings brought by or against Cortland County, the Legislature or its officers
- Prosecution of violations of probation relative to Orders of Support in Family Court
- Representation of County Departments & Employees
- Self-Insurance Administration
The information on this site is compiled and made available by the County Attorney's Office for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or the practice of law. Use of this site does not create or constitute, in any way, an attorney / client relationship between the viewer of the site and the County Attorney's Office or any of its staff. While every effort is made to keep the information accurate and up-to-date, the County Attorney's Office makes no warranty as to the accuracy, reliability, timeliness, or completeness of the information contained or referenced herein. The County Attorney's Office assumes no legal liability for any damages of any type, whatsoever, occasioned by the actions or omission of actions, taken in reliance upon any information contained in this site. Links are provided for information purposes only and are not endorsed or supported by the County Attorney's Office. Use of the information on this site or any linked by the site visitor or any other person is the responsibility of the user.