The New York State Presidential Primary is being held on June 23, 2020. The State/Local primary will also still be held. All registered voters, who are eligible for the primary election will receive an absentee ballot application in the mail. Please complete the application and return to the Cortland County BOE as soon as possible. Details about early voting, election day and poll site information will follow.
Click Here for information on COVID-19 Absentee voting.
Click Here for the Absentee Ballot Application
Click Here for information about Poll Site Changes due to COVID-19
Voting Information for Individuals with Disabilities
For individuals who need the assistance of the ballot marking device and Board of Elections staff in order to complete their absentee ballot for the upcoming election, please contact the Board of Elections office at 607-753-5032. We have voting machines available at our office, located at 112 River Street, Cortland NY 13045, during office hours, for individual use.
Monday - Friday
8am - 4pm
November 3, 2020
All polling locations will be open 6am - 9pm.
For early voting information, please click on the link to your left.
Click here to obtain results for Village, Primary and General Elections
Click here to get up-to-date election results
Interested in Being a Poll Inspector?
Contact our office for more information.
Hearing Impaired Citizens
Hearing Impaired people with TTD may call 1 800-533-8683 or visit our website.
Attention Federal Employees
If you are asked to run for Public Office, please call 1-800-854-2824 before you make any commitments. Reference the Hatch Act.
Military and Overseas Voters
- 2012 Version Running for Elective Office (PDF)
- Absentee Ballot Application (PDF)
- Designating Petition (PDF)
- Election Districts (PDF)
- Handbook For Village Registration and Election Day (PDF)
- Independent Nominating Petition (PDF)
- Instructions on How to File an Independent Petition for General Election (PDF)
- Legislative and Election Districts Maps (PDF)
- NYS Judicial Candidate Voter Guide (PDF)
- Opportunity to Ballot Petition (PDF)
- Overvote Doublevote (PDF)
- Poll Inspector Manual (PDF)
- Polling Place Finder (PDF)
- Polling Places (PDF)
- Presidential Primary Election Results by Districts (PDF)
- Registration and Absentee Ballot Request (PDF)
- Statement of Special Voter (PDF)
- Village Absentee Ballot Application (PDF)
- Village Independent Nominating Petition (PDF)
- Voter Registration Form - Fill in (PDF)
- Voter Registration Form- Blank (PDF)
- Campaign Finance Seminar Schedule