Cortland Works Career Center
With an abundance of caution and NEW HOURS, the Cortland Works Career Center at 99 Main Street, Cortland, NY will be reopening to the public on Monday, August 3, 2020 by APPOINTMENT ONLY to serve job seekers and businesses.
Services will continue to be provided virtually Monday – Friday as well.
Services to Customers – Re-Imagined/Re-Designed
- Cortland Works Career Center will be accepting appointments beginning Monday, August 3, 2020.
- Appointment times will be available from 9am – 4pm. Call (607) 756-7585 ext. 10
- No Walk-ins will be permitted.
- No services related to Unemployment Claims (UI). For UI information please call (888)209-8124 or go online at www.labor.ny.gov .
- Customers are required to show ID to be admitted to the Career Center.
- Customers will be screened and temperatures will be taken upon entering the Career Center.
- Customers are required to wear a mask when entering the Career Center. If a customer is unwilling to wear a mask, they will be served remotely by telephone or email or other virtual means.
- Social Distancing will be adhered to at all times.
- Customers only will be allowed in the Career Center – no guests, no visitors, no children.
We look forward to welcoming you back – Safely!
Wednesday, Dec 9, 2020 8:00 am | 1 hour | (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Meeting number: 179 334 7769
Join by video system
You can also dial 126.96.36.199 and enter your meeting number.
Join by phone
+1-415-655-0001 US Toll
Access code: 179 334 7769
Central NY Regional Workforce Development Plan Program Year 2017-2020
Your One-Stop Career Center
The Cortland Works Career Center (CWCC) operates under the Federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act. It is part of a system of One-Stop Career Centers across the country. In New York State these Center's comprise the "American Job Center Network".
Training, Education & Employment
The Center is a single site in our community where job seekers and businesses can access information about training, education, and employment services. Currently there are seven community agencies located at the CWCC to bring you a full range of employment and training services.
The Cortland Works Career Center truly represents all of the good things that can happen when government and community agencies work cooperatively to achieve a common goal. For us, that goal is to strengthen our County's workforce.
Whether you are unemployed, underemployed, or a business seeking a skilled workforce the Center has been created to meet your needs. Come in and see what we have to offer.
Veterans Come First
The Cayuga-Cortland Workforce Devlopment Area is proud to offer Priority of Service to veterans and their eligible spouses.
What does this mean? If you served in the military, you will be:
- Served first by the next available staff member
- Given first priority for jobs and training for which you are eligible and qualified
Services for Employers
The American Job Center Network of One-Stop Career Centers offers the services and resources you require to expand your business and to meet your business needs.
- Multiple Agencies Under One Roof
- Computerized Match to Workers
- Job Postings
- Training Funding Opportunities
- Customized Recruiting
- Incentive Programs
- Human Resources Assistance / JSECs
- Labor Market Information/Business Statistics
- Apprentice Program Certification
- Affirmative Action / EEO Guidance
- Layoff/Transition Assistance
- Health and Safety Consultations
Services for Youth
The Cortland County Employment & Training Youth program at our One-Stop Career Center is designed to enhance youth success in educational, vocational, and occupational areas. This program is now called the STEP 1 Program.
- Tutoring and Study Skills
- Alternative Secondary School Instruction
- Summer Employment Opportunities
- Supportive Services
- Adult Mentoring
- Occupational Skills
- Leadership Training
- Paid Work Experiences
- Individual Plans for Success
- Employment Search